|Sent (UTC)||04-Jan-2023, 04:54|
|Subject||BCCT BOARD OF DIRECTORS NOMINATIONS 2023|
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING NOMINATIONS: MONDAY 9 JANUARY 2023
ELECTION DATE: THURSDAY 26 JANUARY 2023
Nominations are welcomed for election to the 2023 BCCT Board of Directors. The election will take place at the Annual General Meeting on Thursday 26 January 2023 at a member hotel to be confirmed.
If you would like to contribute to the work of the BCCT please consider standing for election. As a board director, you will help guide and drive the direction of BCCT. To further discuss the role or other related queries please contact a current board director or BCCT Executive Director (email@example.com)
Under BCCT’s fixed-term limits seven current board directors may stand for re-election with other BCCT members who are not current directors. At the election, the seven highest polling candidates will be appointed to serve 2-year terms.
A nomination form will be e-mailed on request from - firstname.lastname@example.org - to those wishing to stand. The completed and signed nomination form must include the name of a proposer and seconder from different BCCT member companies. A candidate or an employee of his/her company may not propose or second. The form must be submitted to the BCCT office together with a photo of the candidate and a profile (maximum 300 words – text will be cut at 300th words) no later than 5.00 pm on MONDAY 9 JANUARY 2023.
Nominations may be accepted thereafter, including from the floor at the AGM, but they will not be pre-circulated to members two weeks before the AGM Luncheon.
Voting will be conducted online confidentially using ‘Election Runner’ as per the 2021 and 2022 elections.
Please carefully study the role of a BCCT board director below and the Terms of Reference which can be found on the BCCT website here https://members.bccthai.com/asp/view_doc.asp?DocCID=3963
THE ROLE OF A BCCT BOARD DIRECTOR INCLUDES:
* Attendance at monthly Board meetings (dates set at the beginning of the year). A minimum of 6 Board meetings must be attended.
* All directors will be expected to actively participate in as many BCCT Groups as possible and other meetings/events as and when applicable
* Preparation of regular reports on news, developments, opportunities, etc in your sector or area of expertise
* Attendance at BCCT events in order to represent the chamber, meet members, etc, as individual schedules permit
* Input on any issues raised by BCCT members, officers or the BCCT office
* Promotion of the BCCT among the Thai and foreign business communities in and outside Thailand
*A Board Director may not miss three Board meetings in a row without notice otherwise he/she is deemed to have vacated office.
There will be a ‘hustings’ event prior to the Annual General Meeting when board candidates may introduce themselves to members and state how they plan to support members while a board director.
All directors will be expected to sign a declaration regarding conflicts of interest if they have not already done so.