The Club was founded in 1903 as a British businessmen’s & diplomats club but has developed over the past century to be the social, sports & cultural centre for the English-speaking community in Bangkok. Our present Clubhouse was opened in 1910 and we received our clubhouse land as a gift from H.M. King Vajiravudh in 1914. Often called ‘an oasis in the heart of Bangkok’ we have a compact range of sports and dining facilities on our 1.4 hectare city centre site – with a British Pub, two restaurants, a cocktail bar, a Sports Bar, and a café, and on site tennis courts, fitness centre, cricket nets, swimming pool, multi-purpose sports court with newly opened international standard glass-backed squash courts and a new children’s swimming pool, playground and family dining facility. The Club has three function rooms for business meetings and landscaped gardens for parties, and Members also take advantage of the Club's off-site catering service.
Products or Services
Food, beverage, sports & entertainment for Members
The Club has reciprocal arrangements with just under 400 private membership Clubs in 55 countries around the world, an arrangement that entitles Members to entry during business or leisure travel.
The Club is owned by its Australia, Britain, Canada and New Zealand members, and has an extensive Associate Membership covering 44 other nationalities.
Premrudee Tanyaluck (General Manager), Tee Bale (Deputy General Manager)
Board of Directors
A General Committee, the Members of which are elected annually by the membership on a voluntary basis, runs the Club.