Property & Infrastructure
The BCCT Property & Infrastructure (P&I) Group’s mission is to support and advance BCCT work in relation to P&I; to organize quality events of interest to members at a reasonable cost; and to compile reports on market developments.
The group holds quarterly meetings at which events are planned for each quarter. Five events were organized in 2016 and well attended. The following have taken place in 2016:
- 11 February 2016: Outlook for the Bangkok Property market in 2016 by James Pitchon, CBRE. Joint BCCT/RICS event.
- 21 March 2016 - Myanmar: An Update on Myanmar following the elections by Tony Pichon (Colliers).
- 13 July 2016 - Leasehold Reform in Thailand – Updates on proposed bill that would allow land leasing for up to 99 years from 50 years at present and feasibility of new developments on SRT and other state owned land by Simon Landy and Chris Osbourne.
- 30 August 2016 - Solar Rooftops and Energy Efficiency for Business: Briefing by Dr. Dustit Kruangam (Thai Solar Future), Raymond Schonfeld (Single Market Ventures/A10 Solar), Fabio Frescia (Arcadia).
- 21 September 2016 - Cambodia Property and Infrastructure Markets: Briefing on Construction by John Landis (ACH) and Olivia Widen (Britcham Cambodia).
The P&I Group has also supplied various reports on the P&I sector for members which are posted on the BCCT website.
The planned events for 2017 are as follows:
- 21 February 2017 - Outlook for the Bangkok Property Market in 2017 by James Pitchon; CBRE.
Other possible topic areas and events for 2017
- Update on Thailand’s Infrastructure Development Plans: Metros/High Speed Rail. Possible joint BCCT/AMCHAM event.
- Insurance, guarantees and performance bonds in construction and infrastructure projects.
- Mediation, dispute resolution and arbitration in construction and infrastructure projects – Joint Event with Legal Group
- LEED/ Green Buildings
- Sansiri – Property Investments on BTS/MRTA Lines
- Renewable Energy
- Airports Expansion Programme – Invite AoT
- Joint Event with the New Manufacturing Group
- China’s One Belt One Road Initiative (OBOR)
- Bangkok Co Sharing Work Space - CoLAB