Travel & Tourism
Under the Chairmanship of David Cumming the Travel and Tourism committee was very active in 2016 with a regular series of meetings and events both in Bangkok and in the provinces. Events held in 2016 were:
- An evening of networking for Travel and Tourism colleagues from all aspects of our industry: hotels, travel agents, airlines, restaurants and tourism services
- Panel event: Revenue Performance: driving rate in a saturated market
- Luncheon with Khun Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul, Minister of Tourism and Sports
- Grant Thornton Thailand Hotel Survey and panel event: Technology and Digital Strategies in the Hotel Industry
- Panel event: 11 Historic reasons for Thailand’s tourism success: What is next?
- Panel event: Is your social media strategy delivering the dream or a digital disappointment? If you are an owner or operator of a hotel, resort, serviced apartment, and or a restaurant, there will be some great take-aways from this group of experts and from the broader audience
- Multi-chamber partner to the annual conference of the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International held here in Bangkok
- Phuket panel event: Is your social media strategy delivering the dream you had thought? Or, the more you try and the more advice you get, are you becoming more digitally confused?
At each event there was in excess of 60 members in attendance and over 200 at the luncheon with the Minister of Sports and Tourism, to hear about developments in Thailand Tourism Sector.
The mission and main focus areas of the group for 2017 will lie in the following main areas:
Mission: The Travel and Tourism Group will aim to continue provide a platform for the members of BCCT involved in this field to facilitate communication and business opportunities by linking and driving communication between Thailand and the UK tourist sectors. The goal is to enhance Thailand’s overall tourist and travel experience by helping it to maintain a competitive advantage relative to neighboring alternative destinations in S.E. Asia while assisting all sector related businesses to capitalize on the ever increasing Thailand tourist market.
The main areas of focus for the group in 2017 will be:
- To continue to work with the members in order to help drive the success of the Thai Travel and Tourism industry
- Tourists security and their confidence in Thailand as a destination
- Education, a focus on internships, service expectations, placements and support to our members
- Coordination, collaboration and dialogue with TAT with an aim of establishing how this can be carried forward to the field
In addition the aim of the group for 2017 is to complete an article for members twice yearly while also providing 6 major travel and tourism events; these may take the form of:
- Travel and Tourism Panel Event – one on ecommerce is planned for late February
- Dinners with Speaker
- CSR for the Tourism Industry
- Meetings with TAT, TCEB and other Industry associations
- Travel and Tourism networking events