*BCCT members are invited to attend this event organised by MBMG and Dataconsult*
Dataconsult and MBMG Group present the latest in a well-established series of dialogues with Khun Korn Chatikavanij, one of Thailand’s leading economic and financial strategists.
Khun Korn will address the following questions
- Can Thailand reverse the trends of low GDP growth, disappointing FDI inflows and a poor record of infrastructure development to become the hub for ASEAN’s great leap forward?
- Can “Thailand 4.0”, Eastern Economic Corridor and 20-year strategy achieve the much-needed progress that can offer a better life for all citizens?
- Will China’s thrust into the wider Asian world result in purposeful partnership to replace the declining influence of the Western nations?
- Paul Gambles, Managing Partner, MBMG Group
- Christopher F. Bruton, Executive Director, Dataconsult Ltd.
Khun Korn Chatikavanij has a unique combination of financial market expertise, political leadership, and practical business experience, including working to better the lives of Thailand’s least favoured rural people. Past achievements include experience with bankers S.G. Warburg and J.P. Morgan, direction of highly successful, J.F. Thanakom, later taken over by J.P. Morgan, headed by Khun Korn. In his subsequent political career, Khun Korn has been Deputy Leader of the Democrat Party, award winning Finance Minister, and regional policy strategist.
Latterly, Khun Korn has worked on key policies for educational reform, Asian financial autonomy and rural development projects to enhance the incomes of least favoured farming communities. With many achievements to his credit, Khun Korn can look forward to further leadership roles, once Thailand returns to some form of democracy.
Date: Monday 21 May 2018
Time: 18.00 to 21.00 pm
Location: The Bangkok Club, 28th Floor, Sathorn City Tower, 175 South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120 Tel: 02 679-5550 / 285-1661
18:00 – 19:00 - Registration/Networking
19:00 – 21:00 - Dinner and Roundtable Discussion
Cost: THB 1,200+VAT
RSVP & payment: direct to Khun Gig email@example.com or Tel: 02 665 2535 # 107
Limited seating – first come, first served basis – no walk-ins