1. To rebuild the relationship between BCCT and the Thai government.
2. To engage in public-private dialogue and private sector advocacy, and to influence government policies, laws, regulations, and administrative arrangements, which are or possibly affecting the business of BCCT members.
3. To support advocacy activity opportunities in social, economic, and political, particularly in the Thai economy and Thai-UK trade, investment, and FTA negotiations.
Activities in 2022
1. We have held meetings and sessions with several government agencies, which are the Secretariat of the Prime Minister, the Ministry of Tourism & Sports, the Ministry of Finance (the Excise Department and the Revenue Department), and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), to raise and discuss on few key business issues which are affecting the business of BCCT members.
2. Have been working closely with the Department for International Trade from the UK on a bilateral economic and trade cooperation between the United Kingdom and Thailand (JETCO) to exchange business experience and knowledge (from the perspective of BCCT members) of UK and Thailand trade landscapes, investment packages, and domestic rules and regulations. Long-term gold is to increase two-way trade and investment between Thailand and the UK.
Events Planned in 2023
1. High-level government meetings: Bank of Thailand, BOI, Custom Department, Excise Department, Revenue Department, Intellectual Property Department, Immigration Bureau, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Tourism and Sports, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Labour
2. Member meetings: one every two months (discussion topics: excise tax, FDA, sustainable finance, investment/ ease of doing business, Intellectual Property rights)
3. Events: Business luncheon on Thailand Economy (June) and BCCT Gala Dinner on Thailand-UK Trade Relations (November)
|Ms. Pinyapa Somphong||Chair||TWLS Company Limited|
|Mrs. Jantima Hiraga||Pearson Education Indochina Co.,Ltd.|
|Ms. Khemika Ratanakul||Diageo Moet Hennessy (Thailand) Limited|
|Ms. Somrasa Pongpermpruek||GlaxoSmithKline (Thailand) Limited|
|Ms. Jittrinee Kaeojinda||Unilever Thai Trading Limited|
|Ms Natnicha Chaowalit||British Chamber of Commerce Thailand|